Apply Online:Get started on your new career, the first step is to provide us with your name and email below.
Compression & Process
Startec Refrigeration Compression & Process Solutions is a thriving privately owned company headquartered in Calgary that produces custom mission critical compression and refrigeration systems for a variety of industries.
Startec devotes their industry leading expertise in refrigeration & compression technologies to solve their clients’ most technically challenging needs. We create reliable solutions for extreme operating conditions and provide exceptional service, which is a cornerstone of our business.
We are currently recruiting a skilled Intermediate Designer to join our Gas Compression & Process Division. Reporting to the Engineer Manager, the Intermediate Designer designs, and drafts engineering projects. The Designer is responsible for accuracy and completeness of all drawings published ensuring all timelines are reasonably met with regards to shop fabrication prints.
JOB RESPONSIBILTIES & DUTIES:
- Co-ordinate and prepare drawings under the direction of the Project Manager & Engineering Manager
- Use project specifications for drawings
- Make revisions to existing drawings
- Handle client concerns regarding design
- Work with suppliers regarding changes required to equipment and material drawings
- Prepare estimated and actual costs of drafting for each project (time and labour spent on design and drafting of drawings) when requested
- Prepare design including process piping, structural steel and vessels
- Attend client meetings as required
- Answer technical questions
- Resolve design conflicts with the fabrication shop
- Develop and maintain knowledge on various design/drafting software packages and compressor packages
- Develop and maintain positive relationships
- Undertake other related duties as required
- Develop and maintain the company drafting standards and procedures
- Support the Applications group and the Service department as required
- Prepare COG and WT calculations for skid packages
- Engineering Design and Drafting certificate with ASET designation
- 5+ years related experience or equivalent
- Good knowledge of compression and refrigeration
- Basic understanding of electrical and PLC drawings
- Knowledge of ASME & ANSI Codes and Industry Standards
- 3D modeling experience essential
- Superior knowledge of AutoCAD and associated products
- CADWorx experience an asset
We offer competitive wages, training, flexibility and a dynamic and exciting work environment.
It is mandatory for all applicants to complete the Pro.file People Survey below when submitting their application. Please proceed using the link below:
We thank you for your application and interest in our organization. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.