Apply Online:Get started on your new career, the first step is to provide us with your name and email below.
Compression & Process
Startec Compression & Process Solutions is a thriving privately owned company headquartered in Calgary that produces custom mission critical compression and refrigeration systems for a variety of industries. Startec devotes their industry leading expertise in refrigeration & compression technologies to solve their clients’ most technically challenging needs. We create reliable solutions for extreme operating conditions and provide exceptional service, which is a cornerstone of our business.
We are currently recruiting for a motivated Junior Engineer Technician to join the Startec team. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, The Junior Engineer Technician provides detailed engineering services for the design and the construction of Gas Compression, Refrigeration and Gas Processing packages. This position will manage some technical and manufacturing issues on multiple projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technical diploma with mechanical, petroleum or process bias with acceptable experience
- 4 years experience (preferably gas processing or manufacturing related)
- E.I.T (APEGA), T.T. (ASET)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Good knowledge of process simulation software e.g. HYSYS, VMG, good knowledge of ASME / ANSI / API Codes, good knowledge of CSA Codes.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Engineering Manager & Project Engineers to resolve conflict as required.
- Communicate clearly with various project personnel to provide technical insight for resolution of problems.
- Communicate effectively between various departments
- Meet engineering deliverables on time and on budget.
- Review customer specifications that are applied to the project, and ensure the package "as sold" complies to agreed upon specifications.
- Update the project scheduler.
- Understand the proposal and the clients’ project specifications that have been accepted.
- Review the process simulation, check or perform some major equipment sizing – vessel- compressor, driver, separators, pumps, filters and heat exchangers.
- Perform any additional process design that may include simulation to determine pipe sizing, equipment blow-down rates and PSV sizing cases.
- Prepare vessel datasheets, perform sketch of internals, determine nozzle size and location, supervise vessel design, ensure vessel drawings are approved and issued to meet project requirements.
- Prepare and issue purchase requisitions to the Purchasing department as required and obtain comparative pricing for equipment where agreed.
- Prepare draft P&IDs, supervise designers to prepare the drawing, verify P&IDs against in-house checklist and specs, submit P&IDs to customer and arrange for revisions.
- Prepare the Bill of Material (BOM), perform some detailed PSV sizing, control valves sizing, Instrumentations and materials selection, electrical classification and that certification requirements are met.
- Issue the BOM to Purchasing, the customer, and the designer arranging for revisions as required.
- Work with the designers during preparation of the 3D model, GA, structural drawing and spool drawings following customer specifications or in-house specs.
- Prepare weight estimates, select preliminary structural beam sizes and communicate with third party structural engineer for optimization and final approval.
- Verify GA/Model against in-house design and review checklist.
- Help to prepare Control philosophy and shutdown key.
- Capture and define the scope of project through change orders and communicate them to the Project Manager.
- Prepare project operating and maintenance manuals.
- Perform project final P&ID walk-through and sign-off off on our STA-ISO-010 manufacturing commissioning sheet.
- Ensure that all “As-Built” documentation is prepared and is accurate with project documentation.
- Complete project “Ship Loose List” in conjunction with manufacturing.
- Participate in project close out, start-up and lessons learned meetings and provide feedback to the Project Manager.
- Incorporate previous lessons learned into the engineering of current projects.
- Prepare any other calculations and technical documentation as required.
- Help supervise third party Engineering providers, (Torsional analysis, Fugitive Emission Study, Stress Analysis, Vibration/Pulsation Study)
- Review and approve issues with Document Control drawings according to Startec’s drawing approval procedures.
- Review and approve all vendor drawings according to project schedule.
We offer competitive wages, training, flexibility, and a dynamic and exciting work environment. Please apply directly or forward your resume , quoting the job title above, in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
It is mandatory for all applicants to complete the Pro.file People Survey below when submitting their application. Please proceed using the link below:
We thank you for your application and interest in our organization. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.