Apply Online:Get started on your new career, the first step is to provide us with your name and email below.
Startec is a thriving privately owned company headquartered in Calgary that produces custom mission critical compression and refrigeration systems for a variety of industries. Startec devotes their industry leading expertise in refrigeration & compression technologies to solve their clients’ most technically challenging needs. We create reliable solutions for extreme operating conditions and provide exceptional service, which is a cornerstone of our business.
Based out of Calgary and reporting to the Sales Manager the Sales Administrator is responsible for assisting with the sales process for the Southern Region in cooperation with the Sales Representatives and the Sales Manager. Providing administrative support to the sales team, field technicians and other departments as required. The ideal candidate enjoys a busy fast paced work environment. You are a strong team player who takes initiative, likes a variety of assignments and deals well with changing priorities.
- High School Diploma
- Business Administrative certificate or diploma would be considered an asset
- Very strong written and oral communication skills
- Previous sales experience in a service environment
- 3+ years administrative experience in a service office
- Proficient with Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills
- Previous experience in Microsoft Navision would be an asset
- Knowledge and/or understanding of refrigeration and HVAC parts & equipment would be helpful
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in the development and enhancement of the Startec corporate marketing and sales plan.
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with customers
- Attend and participate in sales meetings.
- Prepare quotations for customers in an inside sales capacity and assist the sales representatives with quote preparation for bid requests and outside sales activities.
- Edit documentation for the sales representative as required including formatting, grammar and spelling in word documents, excel spreadsheets and PDF’s.
- Prepare proposals in response to requests for maintenance agreements including all associated documentation: corporate resumes, corporate overview and customer project information.
- Develop and maintain all customer files & lists
- Maintain the quotation registry and CRM (Customer Relationship Management) systems detailing all current sales opportunities and their status.
- Assist with trade show opportunities where duties include booking events, hotels, administration and preparation of promotional materials.
- Work in conjunction with the sales group to develop promotional materials, brochures and internet content
- Manage promotional item purchases and disbursement.
- Issue contract renewals for the Southern Region in conjunction with the sales representatives.
- Track and report on the various sales metrics in accordance with the sales plan.
- Various administrative support activities as directed by the Sales Manager.
We offer competitive wages, training, flexibility and a dynamic and exciting work environment. Please apply directly or forward your resume, quoting the job title above, in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
It is mandatory for all applicants to complete the Pro.file People Survey below when submitting their application. Please proceed using the link below:
We thank you for your application and interest in our organization. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.