Apply Online:Get started on your new career, the first step is to provide us with your name and email below.
Startec is a thriving privately owned company headquartered in Calgary that produces custom mission critical compression and refrigeration systems for a variety of industries. Startec devotes their industry leading expertise in refrigeration & compression technologies to solve their clients’ most technically challenging needs. We create reliable solutions for extreme operating conditions and provide exceptional service, which is a cornerstone of our business.
We are currently recruiting for a Junior Health & Safety Coordinator to join the Startec team. The Junior Health and Safety Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the day to day safety program for our Compression & Process group. Ensuring a safe, healthy and accident free work environment. This position will work with Managers & Supervisors to direct and implement Startec’s safety program and initiatives.
- Safety training certificate or diploma
- Previous safety administration experience an asset
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing fast-paced environment
- Previous WCB and COR audit experience is an asset
- Strong knowledge in all relevant health, safety, and environmental legislation;
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong Computer Skills; Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat
- Assist with the planning and implementation of safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, Provincial and Federal Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) rules and regulations.
- Work with the Health & Safety Coordinator to plan and implement programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, fire prevention, and correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment, and other materials.
- Prepare studies and analysis of industrial accident causes and hazards to health for use by company personnel and outside agencies.
- Inspect Startec’s facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follow up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Provide information, signs, posters, barriers, and other materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards and to prevent access to hazardous conditions.
- Assist with the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperate in the preparation of material and evidence for organization use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
- Comply and submit accident reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Assists in the administration of workers' compensation program, including working with the insurance carrier to reduce employee lost time.
- Review Hazard assessments and ensure all certification & calibrations are up to date on equipment & tools.
- Review and ensure contractors have required ABSA certification where applicable.
- Maintains and monitors online portals such as ISN and Comply-works
- Assists with the audit process for both internal and external COR audits
- Other duties as assigned.
We offer competitive wages, training, flexible, dynamic, and exciting work environment. Please forward your resume, quoting the job title above, in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
It is mandatory for all applicants to complete the Pro.file People Survey below when submitting their application. Please proceed using the link below:
We thank you for your application and interest in our organization. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.