Apply Online:Get started on your new career, the first step is to provide us with your name and email below.
Compression & Process
Startec Compression & Process Solutions is a thriving privately owned company headquartered in Calgary that produces custom mission critical compression and refrigeration systems for a variety of industries. Startec devotes their industry leading expertise in refrigeration & compression technologies to solve their clients’ most technically challenging needs. We create reliable solutions for extreme operating conditions and provide exceptional service, which is a cornerstone of our business.
We are currently recruiting for a motivated QC Supervisor to join our Production team. This position reports to the QC Manager and responsible for the inspection of pressure, piping, skid bases & accessories.
- Certification as a trade person in a related industry with 5 years’ direct experience in fabrication and inspection of industrial pressure piping, structural skid and package assembly
- A minimum of 3 year’s supervisory experience
- A minimum CWB level 2 or equivalent.
- Familiarity with quality management systems.
- Must be familiar with ASME, ASTM, ABSA PESR and CSA codes and standards but not limited to the following: ASME Sec, VIII Div. 1, ASME Sec. II, ASME Sec. V, ASME Sec. IX, ASME B31.3/ B31.5, CSA B51/ W59
- Experience in painting/ coating inspection an asset.
- Comfortable with MS Office including excel. Blue Beam experience an asset.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise QC inspectors (Piping)
- Ensure that non-destructive and other examinations have been performed to the degree specified per IFC Drawings, using qualified personnel, and that results have been fully recorded and completed prior to PWHT and/ or Hydrotest.
- Ensure all hydrotest records/ reports are updated and maintained prior to assembly.
- Prepare manufacturer’s data record (MDR) for ASME stamped vessels and AB-83 for piping.
- Review relevant documents, procedures, vendor specs to ensure they comply with client specifications, codes and standards.
- Implement the QC Manual & ITP and maintenance of standard procedures, WPS and welder’s qualification.
- Ensure compliance with QA Standards & procedures including the keeping of inspection records.
- Witness and Monitor the NDT, PWHT, calibration of Instruments. Interpretation of welds drawings, and review of other NDT & PWHT reports
- Identify and reports nonconformities to specified requirements.
- Consolidate punch lists for plant system exception lists and provides tracking to ensure that all punch list items are captured and signed off for mechanical completion.
- Complete a full review of final hand-over documentation such as QA record book-site records, mechanical catalogue book, manual/data book, to ensure they comply to client requirements and the contract.
- Inspect structural skid base frames and pressure piping systems under construction, or already installed, to verify conformance to safety codes and standards issued by governmental agencies, recognized professional technical organizations, or insurance underwriters.
- Performs quality inspection at the shop to verify work activities are carried out as per quality control procedures, ITP’s, method statements, and specifications.
- Checking of all materials to be use for fabrication and installation to ensure conformance to specification & review of material test certificates for all the raw materials purchased.
- Review package for fabrication and line checking of installed piping. Participate in final walk throughs for completed pipe line and line checking with the client representative.
- Maintain punch-listing of all work for mechanical completion.
- Perform vendor inspections when required.
- Arrange for ABSA “A” stamping of Pressure Equipment and prepare AB-10.
It is mandatory for all applicants to complete the Pro.file People Survey below when submitting their application. Please proceed using the link below:
We offer competitive wages, training, and a dynamic and exciting work environment. Please apply directly or forward your resume, quoting the above job title, in confidence to email@example.com
We thank you for your application and interest in our organization. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.