Apply Online:Get started on your new career, the first step is to provide us with your name and email below.
Compression & Process
Startec Compression & Process is a thriving privately owned company headquartered in Calgary that produces custom mission critical compression and refrigeration systems for a variety of industries. Startec devotes their industry leading expertise in refrigeration & compression technologies to solve their clients’ most technically challenging needs. We create reliable solutions for extreme operating conditions and provide exceptional service, which is a cornerstone of our business.
We are currently recruiting an experienced Journeyman Pipefitter/Assembly Lead for our Calgary location. We offer an excellent work environment, opportunity for advancement and a full benefits package after 3 months. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years Lead-hand experience combined with 5+ years pipefitting & assembly experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Journeyperson Certificate (Red Seal interprovincial preferred)
- 5+ years pipefitting & assembly experience in a fabrication shop environment
- A minimum of 2 years previous Lead-hand experience
- A team player with good organizational skills and excellent communication skills
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent product knowledge
- Pre-employment medical required
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Direct, mentor and train apprentices
- Manage assigned work to be completed
- Participate in planning and solving problems
- Prepare cross over reports
- Communicate with shift counterpart
- Participate in safety and company programs
- Team player with positive engagement
- Installation and placement of major equipment.
- Installation and supporting of spooling.
- Skid layout for small bore piping.
- Fitting of socket and screwed small bore pipe.
- Read, interpret and red-line (Isometrics, P&ID's, G.A.’s)
- Tack welding experience
- Liaise with shipping & receiving
- Participate in project reviews with engineering & drafting
Please apply directly or forward your resume, quoting the job title above, in confidence to Careers@startec.ca
We thank you for your application and interest in our organization. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.