Apply Online:Get started on your new career, the first step is to provide us with your name and email below.
Compression & Process
Startec Compression & Process is a thriving privately owned company headquartered in Calgary that produces custom mission critical compression and refrigeration systems for a variety of industries. Startec devotes their industry leading expertise in refrigeration & compression technologies to solve their clients’ most technically challenging needs. We create reliable solutions for extreme operating conditions and provide exceptional service, which is a cornerstone of our business.
Based out of Calgary and reporting to the Plant Manager the Building Maintenance Lead is responsible for performing all general building, property maintenance and repair as directed. This position will develop maintenance schedules, and ensure maintenance of the HVAC, electrical, and mechanical systems along with plant equipment throughout the facility. The Building Maintenance Lead is also responsible for general repair of HVAC, electrical, mechanical, and plant equipment through-out the facility. This position will be expected to manage small projects from budgets, to sourcing vendors and ensuring timely completion.
- High School Diploma
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience as a Building Maintenance Worker
- Knowledge of HVAC, Electrical and mechanical required
- A trades certificate is required (Electrician preferred, Millwright or HVAC Mechanic will be considered)
- General knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electrical, roofing, industrial building, grounds keeping.
- Basic computer skills
- Mechanically inclined – overhead crane maintenance experience would be an asset
- Industrial manufacturing experience would also be an asset
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Performs duties in compliance with governing bodies, company safety policy & procedures, and inform the Plant Manager of any unsafe conditions
- Develop and maintain maintenance schedules for various pieces of equipment throughout the plant.
- Review daily reports for deficiencies and prioritize their completion
- Inspect equipment and facilities for proper operation and working condition; maintain routine inspection reports
- Disassemble, repair and/or replace parts or components, reassemble and tests for proper operation. Report more serious problems to the manager for instructions or maintenance scheduling.
- Schedule and oversee all contracted maintenance work, for major repairs.
- Perform a variety of general semi-skilled repairs, to machinery and equipment, in accordance to basic skills and abilities, and standard procedures, diagrams, or manufacturer’s instructions.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various internal departments and external vendors.
- May be required to lift up to 110lbs
Establish and maintain relationships with various internal departments and external vendors. Please apply directly or forward your resume, quoting the job title above, in confidence to Careers@startec.ca
We thank you for your application and interest in our organization. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.