Apply Online:Get started on your new career, the first step is to provide us with your name and email below.
Startec Refrigeration is one of the most trusted and respected names in the industrial refrigeration and the oil and gas market. We serve cold storage, meat packing, food processing and recreational ice facilities throughout Alberta and western Canada. In the same regions we provide service to the process, refrigeration and compression market for oil, gas, petrochemical and mining industries. We build client relationships that last for decades.
Based out of Calgary and reporting to the Construction Manager, the Estimator position is responsible for preparing cost estimates, analyzing proposals and job requirements for HVAC & Refrigeration new construction projects. If you are analytical team-player who enjoys technical activities with a high attention to detail this positon may be for you.
- Post-Secondary education in Engineering or Construction Estimating
- A minimum of 3 years estimating experience in commercial construction
- Solid knowledge of construction practices
- Ability to read drawings
- Experience and familiarity with piping systems design & installation
- AutoCAD & drafting skills are an asset
- Experience tendering to subcontractors
- Experience negotiating and administering contracts
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multitask
- Understanding of HVAC & Refrigeration processes would be an asset
- Proficient in MS Office (Word & Excel)
- Please note the role requires some travel and on-site visits.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents
- Identify labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents
- Compute costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements
- Resolve discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
- Present prepared estimates by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information
- Assess material, labour and equipment required and analyze different quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Maintain a cost data base by entering and backing up data
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing technical publications
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
It is mandatory for all applicants to complete the Profile People Survey below when submitting their application. Please proceed using the link below:
We offer competitive wages, training, flexibility and a dynamic and exciting work environment. Please forward your resume, quoting the job title above in confidence to email@example.com
We thank you for your application and interest in our organization. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.