Apply Online:Get started on your new career, the first step is to provide us with your name and email below.
Startec Refrigeration Services is a thriving privately owned company headquartered in Calgary that produces custom mission critical compression and refrigeration systems for a variety of industries. Startec devotes their industry leading expertise in refrigeration & compression technologies to solve their clients’ most technically challenging needs. We create reliable solutions for extreme operating conditions and provide exceptional service, which is a cornerstone of our business.
We are currently looking for an experienced Technical Sales Representative to join the Calgary Sales team. The ideal candidate enjoys a variety of activity in their work environment. They will approach tasks with a sense of urgency and proactively identify new or better approaches for improving performance. This position would appeal to a highly driven and assertive personality, motivated by achieving goals and results.
- High school Diploma
- Journeyman Refrigeration Mechanic Certificate or equivalent experience required
- A minimum of ten years trade experience in commercial refrigeration & HVAC
- A minimum five years sales experience is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Prepare and deliver Startec quotations and proposals in response to client requests and RFP’s as required
- Prepare and deliver Startec quotations and proposals for new service agreements, service contracts, overhauls and major maintenance
- Pursue new business development opportunities through cold calls, industry contacts, existing clients, to increase volumes and overall customer base
- Develop and conduct sales presentations for the purpose of seeking new clients and keeping existing clients aware of Startec’s service offerings
- Participate in the development and enhancement of the Startec corporate Marketing and Sales plan
- Maintain an excellent oversight of industry trends, opportunities and competitor situation in order to maximize the Startec advantage in the industry
- On an ongoing basis, maintain an awareness of the marketplace for Startec services, and provides feedback to allow Startec to best adapt to changes in the marketplace.
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with customers
- Participate in tradeshows, seminars and other sales opportunities, and has responsibility for sales-oriented mail-outs and other promotional initiatives
- Participate in job turnover meetings with the Service Coordinator and the mechanics prior to the job start
- Participate in job post review meetings with the Service Manager/Coordinator and the mechanics involved
- Maintain an awareness of current sales training trends, course availability and work with Sales Manager to ensure sales competencies are current
- Effectively coordinate sales efforts with the Sales Administrator on a weekly basis
- In conjunction with the Sales Administrator, log and record all sales opportunities in the quote register and routinely follow up on the status.
- Provide weekly Sales reports to the Sales Manager detailing services sold, quotes issued and sales pending
- Work with the Service Coordinator and the Office Administrator to ensure invoices are reviewed for accuracy against original quotations prior to being issued as required by the Service Manager
- Work with Office Administrator to ensure outstanding client accounts receivable are followed-up as required
We offer competitive wages, training, flexibility and a dynamic and exciting work environment. Please forward your resume, quoting the job title above, in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
It is mandatory for all applicants to complete the Pro.file People Survey below when submitting their application. Please proceed using the link below:
We thank you for your application and interest in our organization. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.