Apply Online:Get started on your new career, the first step is to provide us with your name and email below.
Startec Refrigeration Services is a thriving privately owned company headquartered in Calgary that produces custom mission critical compression and refrigeration systems for a variety of industries. Startec devotes their industry leading expertise in refrigeration & compression technologies to solve their clients’ most technically challenging needs. We create reliable solutions for extreme operating conditions and provide exceptional service, which is a cornerstone of our business.
We are currently looking for an experienced Parts Manager to join the Startec team. The Parts Manager is responsible for the day to day activities of the Parts Department and the supervision of warehouse staff. Daily activities include overseeing shipping and receiving, procurement for service and field construction, and order desk management. Inventory management, supervision of tool crib and equipment are also required. The Parts Manager will also provide support and supervision to satellite branches as required.
- High School Diploma
- Journeyman Parts Certification
- 3+ years Management/Leadership experience
- 7+ years warehouse experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel and Outlook
- Microsoft Navision experience would be an asset
- Provide warehouse support for the Calgary and surrounding area branches. This includes materials procurement, allocation of inventory, and shipments for service and field Construction activities.
- Direct the day to day activities of the parts department and ensure smooth operation
- Provide guidance to buyers to ensure procurement is done at best price and value to the company
- Monitor and maintain inventory quantities to support efficient day to day operations and order desk requirements
- Performance Management and development of direct and indirect reports
- Identify and evaluate suppliers to ensure product requirements are met with quality products in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Establish and maintain pricing structure and discount levels to maximize sales and profitability
- Ensure that all parts department operations are conducted in accordance with the Startec Safety Program.
- Develop and maintain reporting relationships with all Startec Refrigeration Services customers and suppliers as well as all governmental regulatory agencies that underwrite Startec’s registered operational programs.
- Identify improvement opportunities for discussion with management.
- Procure, manage, and stage shipments and deliveries for service activities and construction projects.
- Provide status reports and perform expediting for materials for projects as required.
- Ensure that freight expense is minimized by obtaining “spot” quotes and using a competitive bidding approach.
- Prioritize the warehouse workload to meet operational requirements.
- Ensure Inventory and daily cycle counts are performed in accordance with Corporate policy.
- Ensure customer orders are received, fulfilled, and shipped as per customer requirements.
- Ensure that parts and materials are sourced in the most economical way to support profitable service and projects work.
- Ensure that parts returned to warehouse are reviewed, reconciled, and processed for restocking or return to vendor as required.
- Ensure that packing slips are compared against purchase orders (PO’s) and rectify any discrepancies with the vendor.
- Establish inventory pricing to support profitable sales.
- Establish and maintain inventory min/max levels to balance cost and service levels.
- Ensure company tools are properly labelled, tracked, and assigned as required.
- Report tool discrepancies and/or damage to management when encountered
- Supervision of department staff; performance management, and scheduling of day to day work activities
- Other tasks as assigned
We offer competitive wages, training, flexibility, and a dynamic and exciting work environment. Specialized technical training will be provided to the successful candidate. Please forward your resume, quoting the job title above, in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
It is mandatory for all applicants to complete the Pro.file People Survey below when submitting their application. Please proceed using the link below:
We thank you for your application and interest in our organization. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.