Apply Online:Get started on your new career, the first step is to provide us with your name and email below.
Startec Refrigeration Services is a thriving privately owned company headquartered in Calgary that produces custom mission critical compression and refrigeration systems for a variety of industries. Startec devotes their industry leading expertise in refrigeration & compression technologies to solve their clients’ most technically challenging needs. We create reliable solutions for extreme operating conditions and provide exceptional service, which is a cornerstone of our business.
We are currently recruiting an experienced Project Engineer to join the Startec team. The Project Engineer ensures that Startec satisfies its’ customers’ needs in an efficient and professional manner. This role provides engineering and technical support to the Service department, sales and directly to the customer and acts as liaison between Service and the engineering group in the compression and process division.
- P.Eng. designation with minimum five years’ experience in refrigeration, HVAC and/or piping applications
- Project management experience, a PMP designation would be an asset
- Good knowledge of ASME/ANSI/codes, knowledge of CSA B-52 codes an asset
- Microsoft Windows operating systems; Microsoft Office Suite, engineering design and drawing software
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to communicate, influence, negotiate and resolve conflict
- Capable of working with minimal direct supervision
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Provide engineering support to the Startec Service group as required
- Work directly with the Construction Manager in the project management execution of large capital projects to ensure projects are completed in accordance with acceptable engineering practices and Startec best practices.
- Responsible for major equipment/component approval for all projects to ensure adherence to engineering best practices
- Responsible for responding to bid technical clarifications during sales cycle
- Resolve issues, provide direction and conduct quality assurance checks on project deliverables
- Participate in pre-contract liaison with customer and may participate in negotiating with key customers regarding contract terms and conditions
- Oversee drafting to prepare layouts and detail drawings
- Responsible for project documentation including manuals and operating/control descriptions
- Support the service group with commissioning and field issues
- Keeping ahead of developments in the refrigeration industry by reading relevant journals, attending specialized training, industry conferences and courses
- Prepare and maintain the project schedule identifying tasks, timelines and resources required for various projects
- Maintain project cost control
- Develop project bill of materials and approve all projects drawings
- Provide help and advice to customers either directly or through use of internal resources
- Analyze and compare customer, supplier, and Startec design specifications to identify areas on quotations and proposals where there are exceptions and/or additional costs.
- Assist with inquiries from Startec sales agents and Startec customers related to requests for quotation
- Mentor and assist with the development of junior engineering personnel
- Develop and maintain relationship with major component suppliers
- Negotiate price and delivery as required during development of quotation and standard product development
- Investigate and solve customer problems where applicable to support operational activity
- Develop standard product lines and design standards for refrigeration applications, including component selection, cost estimate and design.
- Develop process to include research & development, gathering market intelligence, and integration with Startec engineering and QC standards.
- Preparation, review, and publication of design standards for refrigeration applications
We offer competitive wages, training, flexibility, and a dynamic and exciting work environment. Specialized technical training will be provided to the successful candidate. Please apply directly or forward your resume, quoting the job title above, in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
It is mandatory for all applicants to complete the Pro.file People Survey below when submitting their application. Please proceed using the link below:
We thank you for your application and interest in our organization. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.