Apply Online:Get started on your new career, the first step is to provide us with your name and email below.
Compression & Process
Startec Compression & Process is a thriving privately owned company headquartered in Calgary that produces custom mission critical compression and refrigeration systems for a variety of industries. Startec devotes their industry leading expertise in compression & process technologies to solve their clients’ most technically challenging needs. We create reliable solutions for extreme operating conditions and provide exceptional service, which is a cornerstone of our business.
We are looking for a motivated QC Inspector to join our production team.
- 3+ year's fabrication Inspecting experience required
- A minimum CWB Level 1 and/or AWS CWI
- Familiarity with quality management systems.
- Must be familiar with ASME, ASTM, ABSA PESR and CSA codes and standards but not limited to the following: ASME Sec, VIII Div. 1, ASME Sec. II, ASME Sec. V, ASME Sec. IX, ASME B31.3/ B31.5, CSA B51/ W59
- API 510 and/ or 570 an asset
- Comfortable with MS Office including Excel. Blue Beam experience an asset.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that non-destructive and other examinations have been performed to the degree specified by contract documents, using qualified personnel, and that results have been fully recorded
- Perform final dimensional and visual inspection of pressure vessels and piping prior to PWHT/ Hydrotest
- Prepare manufacturer’s data record (MDR) for ASME stamped vessels and AB-83 for piping.
- Review relevant documents, procedures, vendor specs to ensure they comply with client specifications, codes and standards
- Implement the QC Manual & ITP and maintenance of standard procedures, WPS and welder’s qualification
- Ensure compliance with QA Standard & procedures including the keeping of inspection records
- Witness hydro testing of pressure vessels, pipe spool and valve as per approved hydro test procedure
- Witness and Monitor the NDT, PWHT, calibration of Instruments. Interpretation of weld drawings, and review of other NDT & PWHT Reports
- Identify and report nonconformities to specified requirements
- Consolidate punch lists for plant system exception lists and provides tracking to ensure that all punch list items are captured and signed off for mechanical completion
- Complete a full review of final hand-over documentation such as QA record book-site records, mechanical catalogue book, manual/data book, to ensure they comply to client requirements and the contract
- Inspect pressure vessels, structural skid base frames and pressure piping systems under construction, or already installed, to verify conformance to safety codes and standards issued by governmental agencies, recognized professional technical organizations, or insurance underwriters
- Create inspection and test plan (ITP) based on the project requirements including the applicable standards
- Perform quality inspections at the shop to verify work activities are carried out as per quality control procedures, ITP’s, method statements, and specifications
- Check all materials to be used for fabrication and installation to ensure conformance to specification & review of material test certificates for all the raw materials purchased
- Review packaged for fabrication and line checking of installed piping. Participate in final walk-through for completed pipe line and line checking with the client representative
- Maintain punch-listing of all work for mechanical completion
We offer competitive wages, training, and a dynamic and exciting work environment. Please apply directly or forward your resume, quoting the above job title, in confidence to email@example.com
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.