Apply Online:Get started on your new career, the first step is to provide us with your name and email below.
Startec Compression & Process Solutions is a thriving privately owned company headquartered in Calgary that produces custom mission critical compression and refrigeration systems for a variety of industries. Startec devotes their industry leading expertise in refrigeration & compression technologies to solve their clients’ most technically challenging needs. We create reliable solutions for extreme operating conditions and provide exceptional service, which is a cornerstone of our business.
We are currently looking for motivated Apprentice Refrigeration & HVAC Mechanic to join our service team in Calgary. We offer an excellent work environment and a full benefits package with a matching RRSP plan after 3 months.
- Perform start-ups, inspection, troubleshooting, and preventative maintenance of refrigeration and compression systems, and the correction of system problems
- Read and accurately interpret blueprints, schematic drawings, and manufacturer instructions to independently construct, assemble and install equipment
- Train customers in the operation and basic maintenance of their systems
- Work with Parts personnel to order parts and supplies, and maintain inventory records
- Demonstrate the highest level of customer service including prompt, friendly, competent and ethical service
- Work safely, observing all safety rules and regulations, and ensure a safe environment for others affected by the work
- Perform all work in accordance with our Quality Control program wherever applicable.
- Perform all work in compliance with the Startec Safety Manual
- Complete all paperwork and reports as required by the customer and Startec on a timely and consistent basis to help ensure invoicing is completed in a timely fashion
- Other duties that may arise during the performance of the job function
- Registered apprentice (HVAC/Refrigeration)
- 1+ year of commercial or Industrial Refrigeration/HVAC experience an asset
- Will consider indenturing - previous industry construction/piping experience required
- Ammonia experience is an asset
- Basic computer skills required (Outlook and Internet Explorer)
- Strong customer service and relationship building skills
- Successful completion of a pre-employment functional (Ability to lift 100lbs)
- Drug & Alcohol test required
- Clean Driver's abstract required
- Ability to work independently and on-call
Please forward your resume, quoting the job title above, in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your application and interest in our organization. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.