Apply Online:Get started on your new career, the first step is to provide us with your name and email below.
Compression & Process
Startec Compression & Process Solutions is a thriving privately owned company headquartered in Calgary that produces custom mission critical compression and refrigeration systems for a variety of industries. Startec devotes their industry leading expertise in refrigeration & compression technologies to solve their clients’ most technically challenging needs. We create reliable solutions for extreme operating conditions and provide exceptional service, which is a cornerstone of our business.
We are currently looking for an experienced Supply Chain Management Manager to join our team. Reporting to the VP of Operations the SCM Manager will be instrumental in developing, implementing and managing Startec’s contracting, procurement processes and materials management activities
- Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) designation through SCMA (Supply Chain Management Association, formerly PMAC) and/or Certified Purchasing Manager through ISM (Institute for Supply Management) is not required but would be considered an asset.
- Other combinations of directly relevant experience and educational credentials will be considered.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in providing supply chain management activities in manufacturing or the fabrication Industry is a requirement
- Experience in fabrication and rotating equipment is an asset.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a Leadership role is required
- Demonstrated ability to maximize value through effective supply chain knowledge and contacts
- Focused experience with procurement, contracts creation and management for operations, and direct experience with various suppliers, both service and material elements
- Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative, exercise sound judgment, influence decision making and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Proven ability to implement and manage change
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and multi-task.
- Must be a hand- on manager capable of completion of deliverables as well as management
- Develop & maintain contracting, procurement and material management, guidelines, procedures, and processes that are aligned with Startec’s long-term SCM strategy and in support of the department and corporate team goals and objectives
- Provide leadership & Mentorship to the Purchasing Department
- Work closely with The Engineering and Operations department leads to define and forecast contracted service and material requirements to eliminate constraints
- Identify commodities or services that are the critical path and create critical long–lead sourcing and expediting strategies
- Establish defined practices for supplier management, including supplier key performance indicators and scorecard development and measurement, quarterly vendor reviews, and contractor management
- Direct the sourcing activities of Startec’s sourcing team for the competitive sourcing issue, evaluation and award process, expediting, logistics and materials management.
- Work with Operations, Applications and Engineering to develop an approved supplier list and provide input and coordination on the supplier pre-qualification process
- Build relationships internal and external stakeholders based on trust, integrity and professionalism and facilitate effective communication.
- Manage and maintain material data and part numbers in ERP
- Work with operations to minimize inventory while avoiding shortages of materials
- Oversee logistics of incoming and outgoing freight.
- Develop and implementation of Expediting Procedures
- Review and develop practical reporting procedures
We offer competitive wages, training, flexible, dynamic, and exciting work environment. Please forward your resume, quoting the job title above, in confidence to email@example.com
It is mandatory for all applicants to complete the Pro.file People Survey below when submitting their application. Please proceed using the link below:
We thank you for your application and interest in our organization. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.