Apply Online:Get started on your new career, the first step is to provide us with your name and email below.
Compression & Process
Startec Refrigeration Compression & Process Solutions is a thriving privately owned company headquartered in Calgary that produces custom mission critical compression and refrigeration systems for a variety of industries. Startec devotes their industry leading expertise in refrigeration & compression technologies to solve their clients’ most technically challenging needs. We create reliable solutions for extreme operating conditions and provide exceptional service, which is a cornerstone of our business.
We are looking for a driven and experienced Plant Manager to join our team. The Plant Manager is responsible for overseeing the Supervisory team and the coordination and effective scheduling of workers to meet production targets and quality standards. Responsibilities will include the mentoring of Supervisors in production methods, quality and safety policies and procedures, as well as the identification and correction of potential work problems including quality and health or safety issues. Through the effective management of targets, goals and production efficiencies, the Plant Manager will ensure the ongoing success of the shop floor.
- High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent.
- Post-Secondary degree, diploma or trade certification in a related technical field is required
- 10 or more year’s previous Supervisory or Management experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on fabrication and safety processes
- The ability to maintain confidence with decision making in regards to assigning and delegating work and problem solving under stress and interruptions
- Sound analytical thinking, attention to detail, planning, prioritization, and execution skills with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills
- The ability to communicate effectively to delegate, motivate, inspire, set expectations, provide feedback and monitor progress of all shop employees
- Prioritization and organizational skills necessary to use time effectively and set action plans to complete overlapping projects.
- The individual takes responsibility for subordinates' activities, makes oneself available to staff, develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth
- First Aid skills and/or certificates are considered assets
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and make recommendations for improvements to existing strategies or, develop, demonstrate and implement new strategies, to create or improve processes and procedures for shop performance in consultation with the Production Manager
- Interview, hire and train employees; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; address complaints and resolve problems in consultation with the Production Manager
- Follow best hiring practices in coordination with HR to ensure the most qualified applicants are hired for open positions
- Monitor shop employee performance to increase worker efficiency and production levels
- Set an example to motivate employees and manage morale by demonstrating a strong professional ethic when dealing with employees, contractors and customers while following all Startec procedures and policies
- Read and understand Production Schedules to determine and report if schedules are realistic and fabrication can meet expected responsibilities and outputs. Maintain Project deliveries in a fast paced environment with occasional stress and interruptions .
- Demonstrate equipment operations, work and safety procedures to new employees, or assign employees to experienced workers for training
- Ensure that all personnel have the right tools, information, knowledge and skill sets to work effectively and meet their deadlines.
- Ensure that all shop employees maintain a safe working environment and that necessary precautions are taken.
- Ensure that all employees adhere to company quality and safety policies and procedures and ensure that all personnel understand the necessary procedures to take if accidents or near misses do occur.
- Co-ordinate Shop fabrication , project status and Quality Control activities
- General shop equipment troubleshooting.
- Liaison with Engineering , Design , Purchasing and QC departments
- Work closely with the Sales and Applications group , assisting with estimating on new quote activity
We offer competitive wages, training, flexible, dynamic, and exciting work environment. Please forward your resume, quoting the job title above, in confidence to email@example.com
It is mandatory for all applicants to complete the Pro.file People Survey below when submitting their application. Please proceed using the link below:
We thank you for your application and interest in our organization. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.