Apply Online:Get started on your new career, the first step is to provide us with your name and email below.
Startec Refrigeration Compression & Process Solutions is a thriving privately owned company headquartered in Calgary that produces custom mission critical compression and refrigeration systems for a variety of industries.Startec devotes their industry leading expertise in refrigeration & compression technologies to solve their clients’ most technically challenging needs. We create reliable solutions for extreme operating conditions and provide exceptional service, which is a cornerstone of our business.
We are currently looking for a motivated Technical Sales Representative to join our Edmonton office. Reporting directly to the President of Field Construction and Services the Technical sales representative will be responsible for the proactive delivery of the Startec marketing and sales plan for the Northern region. If you are motivated by achieving results and enjoy developing new business relationships this position would be the right fit for you.
- High school Diploma
- Journeyman Refrigeration Mechanic Certificate or equivalent experience
- Ten years industry experience
- A minimum five years sales experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Development of sales plans for the region
- Report on sales and other relevant metrics
- Maintain existing client relationships and tracking of contact details and records
- Generate new business
- Prepare and deliver Startec quotations, proposals for service agreements, contracts, overhauls and major maintenance.
- Develop and conduct sales presentations as required.
- Participate in the development and enhancement of the Startec corporate marketing and sales plan.
- Maintain an excellent oversight of industry trends, opportunities and competitor situation in order to maximize the Startec advantage in the industry.
- Pursue new business development opportunities through cold calls, industry contacts, existing clients, etc. in order to add to current customer basis.
- Maintain all existing client lists, updating customer V-cards and files including letters, notes, quotes, and ensure regular contact with each of the clients according to a contact schedule.
- Participate in tradeshows, seminars and other sales opportunities, including sales-oriented mail-outs and other promotional initiatives.
- Follow-up on existing clients to ensure services being provided by Startec meet client requirements, identify any shortfalls and recognize opportunities for more business.
- Ensure customer complaints and issues are addressed in a timely and professional manner.
- Participate in post job review meetings and job turnover meetings.
- Travel to various customer job sites to ensure client satisfaction. Provide support to Startec staff as required.
- Stay aware of current sales training trends, course availability and work with the President to ensure sales competencies are current.
- Effectively coordinate sales efforts with the Sales Administrator on a weekly basis
We offer competitive wages, training, flexible, dynamic, and exciting work environment. Please forward your resume, quoting the job title above, in confidence to email@example.com
It is mandatory for all applicants to complete the Pro.file People Survey below when submitting their application. Please proceed using the link below:
We thank you for your application and interest in our organization. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.