Apply Online:Get started on your new career, the first step is to provide us with your name and email below.
Startec is a thriving privately owned company headquartered in Calgary that produces custom mission critical compression and refrigeration systems for a variety of industries. Startec devotes their industry leading expertise in refrigeration & compression technologies to solve their clients’ most technically challenging needs. We create reliable solutions for extreme operating conditions and provide exceptional service, which is a cornerstone of our business.
Reporting to the Corporate Controller the Accounts Payable Administrator completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices. You are a team player who enjoys a fast-paced work environment, predictable activity and deadlines.
- High school diploma
- 3-5 years previous accounts payable experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines
- Fast information processing (typing) skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills (Word/Excel/Other)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain confidential information
- Enter invoices into the system (NAV and Discovery)
- Match invoices to Purchase Order, investigate any differences and distribute for approval and coding
- Generate cheques according to the payment schedules. Obtain appropriate approvals to release the cheques.
- Calculate and process employee expense reports.
- Perform month-end tasks such as accruals, adjustments and reconciliations.
- Establishing credit with new vendors. Obtaining approvals for creating new vendors.
- Reconcile vendor statements
- Communicate and maintain good relationships vendors and resolve any issues.
- Ensure that accounts payable procedures are performed in accordance with established the internal control system.
- Maintain open communication with the Corporate Controller on any issues/questions.
- Prints all accounts payable reports and maintain all accounts payable files.
- Prepares analysis of accounts, as required.
- Assists with accounts receivable and special projects, as necessary.
- Prioritize duties and responsibilities in order to provide effective and efficient Accounts Payable service
- Deal with sensitive and confidential financial documents
- Other duties as assigned.
We offer competitive wages, training, flexibility and a dynamic and exciting work environment. Please apply directly or forward your resume, quoting the job title above, in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
It is mandatory for all applicants to complete the Pro.file People Survey below when submitting their application. Please proceed using the link below:
We thank you for your application and interest in our organization. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.