Apply Online:Get started on your new career, the first step is to provide us with your name and email below.
Startec Refrigeration Services is a thriving privately owned company headquartered in Calgary that produces custom mission critical compression and refrigeration systems for a variety of industries. Startec devotes their industry leading expertise in refrigeration & compression technologies to solve their clients’ most technically challenging needs. We create reliable solutions for extreme operating conditions and provide exceptional service, which is a cornerstone of our business.
We are currently recruiting for a motivated and experienced Journeyman Industrial Refrigeration Mechanic to join our Construction team in Calgary. We offer an excellent work environment, opportunity for advancement and a full benefits package with a matching RRSP plan after 3 months.
- Read and accurately interpret blueprints, schematic drawings, and manufacturer instructions to independently construct, assemble and install equipment
- Design and install welded, threaded and/or brazed piping systems
- Train customers in the operation and basic maintenance of their systems
- Work with Parts personnel to order parts and supplies, and maintain inventory records
- Perform start-ups, inspection, troubleshooting, and preventative maintenance of refrigeration and compression systems, and the correction of system problems
- Demonstrate the highest level of customer service including prompt, friendly, competent and ethical service
- Work safely, observing all safety rules and regulations, and ensure a safe environment for others affected by the work
- Perform all work in accordance with our Quality Control program wherever applicable
- Perform all work in compliance with the Startec Safety Manual
- Complete all paperwork and reports as required by the customer and Startec on a timely and consistent basis helping to ensure invoicing is completed in a timely fashion
- Other duties as they may arise
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Mechanic - Journeyperson Certificate
- 4th year apprentice will be considered
- 5 years or greater field experience
- Experience working with ammonia would be an asset
- Basic computer skills required (Outlook and Internet Explorer)
- Strong customer service and relationship building skills
- Successful completion of a pre-employment medical
- Drug & Alcohol test required
- Clean Driver's abstract
- Ability to work independently and on-call
- Out of town work is required and can be for extended periods of time
Please apply directly or forward your resume, quoting the job title above, in confidence to email@example.com
We thank you for your application and interest in our organization.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.