Apply Online:Get started on your new career, the first step is to provide us with your name and email below.
Startec Refrigeration Compression & Process Solutions is a thriving privately owned company headquartered in Calgary that produces custom mission critical compression and refrigeration systems for a variety of industries. Startec devotes their industry leading expertise in refrigeration & compression technologies to solve their clients’ most technically challenging needs. We create reliable solutions for extreme operating conditions and provide exceptional service, which is a cornerstone of our business.
As a key member of the senior leadership team, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) plays a significant role in collaboratively shaping the long-term strategy and success of the Startec Group of Companies (“SGC”).
This role will impact success by; overseeing and managing the delivery of corporate services support; providing expertise and support with respect to acquisitions business growth and investment opportunities; overseeing strategic planning initiatives; providing high level financial and treasury support; overseeing the development and implementation of people initiatives that support and nurture corporate culture; and delivering on key initiatives that align with the long-term objectives of the Startec Group of Companies.
- Effectively manage all resources, oversee outputs and provide leadership for the daily operations of all Corporate services functions of human resource, accounting/finance, legal/treasury, information technology and other support to the SGCs
- Support, oversee and manage all financial and business planning activities for the SGCs (i.e. budgeting, forecasting, analysis)
- Develop, implement and manage a regular Key Performance Indicator reporting process for the SGCs
- Responsible for the SGC ERP, effective use of appropriate internal controls and efficient business processes throughout the SGC
- Develop and encourage accountability at all levels within the company
- Mentor key individuals to support succession planning and professional development within the Corporate Services division
- Lead and support a culture within the SGC Corporate Service division of continued improvement & efficiency focused on the provision of responsive, effective internal customer service
- Facilitate collaboration with and amongst all internal and external stakeholders
- Collaboratively define and ensure the achievement of all performance metrics for the Corporate Services division
- Provide expertise and support for sourcing and evaluating new business investment opportunities
- Participate and provide expertise supporting financing and treasury initiatives
- Actively communicate and promote Startec values, strategies, and objectives
- Actively participate as a member of the senior leadership team
- Provide MD&A analysis and support to the board on a regular basis
- Provide regular financial and KPI reporting to the SGC board
- Actively participate in annual strategic planning processes for all companies within SGCs, and ensure effective implementation across SGC
- Provide insight, council and support to the leadership team with respect to operations, budgeting, and other areas of expertise
- Working with managers within the operating companies, collaboratively establish and implement short and long-term operational goals, objectives, policies and procedures that support the continued growth of the SGCs
- Work collaboratively with leadership to define, develop and implement initiatives that support the individual corporate cultures of all companies within the SGCs.Drive key change and transformation initiatives to enable growth and efficiencies across the SGC.
- Create HR strategies, initiatives and tools to support a corporate culture that is aligned with corporate strategy, including scorecards, incentive plans and performance feedback
- Monitor and evaluate effectiveness to ensure continuous improvement in all people initiatives supporting culture
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Financial Management
- Professional Accounting designation
- 15+ years proven leadership experience
- Previous experience providing finance, acquisitions and investing support
- Previous experience in Human Resources and establishing HR process to support a corporate culture aligned with corporate strategy
- Previous experience in generating corporate financials, financial reporting, financial analysis and preparing MD&A and Board packages
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively to achieve results
- Ability to positively engage and motivate individuals and teams to drive success
- Ability to drive daily results to achieve long-term strategic success
- Excellent computer skills
- Experience in NAV Dynamics ERP a definite asset
We offer competitive wages, training, flexibility and a dynamic and exciting work environment. Please apply directly or forward your resume, quoting the job title above, in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
It is mandatory for all applicants to complete the Pro.file People Survey below when submitting their application. Please proceed using the link below:
We thank you for your application and interest in our organization. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.