Apply Online:Get started on your new career, the first step is to provide us with your name and email below.
Compression & Process
Startec Compression & Process is a thriving privately owned company headquartered in Calgary that produces custom mission critical compression and refrigeration systems for a variety of industries. Startec devotes their industry leading expertise in refrigeration & compression technologies to solve their clients’ most technically challenging needs. We create reliable solutions for extreme operating conditions and provide exceptional service, which is a cornerstone of our business.
We are currently looking for an experienced Fabrication Lead-Hand to join our team on night-shift. The successful candidate will have a well rounded understanding of welding procedures and processes (Vessel & Structural) and a minimum of 2 years experience as a Lead-Hand.
- B Pressure Journeyperson Certificate (Red Seal interprovincial preferred)
- 5+ years welding experience in a fabrication shop environment
- Read, interpret and red-line (Isometrics, P&ID's, G.A.’s)
- Good understanding of ASME B31.1
- A minimum of 2 years previous Lead-hand experience
- A team player with good organizational skills and excellent communication skills
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Direct, mentor and train apprentices
- Manage assigned work to be completed
- Participate in planning and solving problems
- Prepare cross over reports
- Communicate with shift counterpart
- Participate in safety and company programs
- Structural and pressure welding; vessel welding, spooling and fabrication of structural skids
- Liaise with shipping & receiving
- Participate in project reviews with engineering & drafting
Please apply directly or forward your resume, quoting the job title above, in confidence to Careers@startec.ca
We thank you for your application and interest in our organization. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.