Apply Online:Get started on your new career, the first step is to provide us with your name and email below.
Compression & Process
Startec Compression & Process Solutions is a thriving privately owned company headquartered in Calgary that produces custom mission critical compression and refrigeration systems for a variety of industries. Startec devotes their industry leading expertise in refrigeration & compression technologies to solve their clients’ most technically challenging needs. We create reliable solutions for extreme operating conditions and provide exceptional service, which is a cornerstone of our business.
We are currently recruiting a Senior Applications Engineer to join the Startec team. Reporting to the Applications Manager, The Senior Applications Engineer supports the Sales department by developing product proposals for custom gas processing equipment used in the oil and gas industry. This person is responsible for scope evaluation, technical design, and costing of the proposed equipment. The Senior Applications Engineer will be the liaison between Sales and the Engineering team.
- Engineering Degree or equivalent qualifications and experience is required
- 8+ years Applications Engineering experience
- Oil and Gas experience preferably in design, manufacturing and packaging.
- Previous gas processing experience (process simulation, Hysys, VMG, Promax).
- Knowledge of refrigeration stabilizers, fractionation, Amine Sweetening, Dehydration, Compression selection and its peripheral equipment (coolers, vessels, exchangers, pumps, and lines.)
- Sound knowledge and understanding of P&ID’s
- Strong technical, analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Perform analysis of customer requirements to identify potential solutions to be offered.
- Develop process simulation and discuss proposal strategies with the sales team.
- Determine appropriate process and rotating equipment selection using different sizing software’s.
- Conduct and oversee the costing of the proposed equipment.
- Compose technical proposals utilizing Microsoft Windows-based tools.
- Provide technical support to sales by attending different types of meetings with customers.
- Assist in the continuous development and maintenance of quoting tools and procedures.
We offer competitive wages, training, flexibility, and a dynamic and exciting work environment. Please forward your resume, quoting the job title above, in confidence to email@example.com
It is mandatory for all applicants to complete the Pro.file People Survey below when submitting their application. Please proceed using the link below:
We thank you for your application and interest in our organization. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.