Apply Online:Get started on your new career, the first step is to provide us with your name and email below.
Compression & Process
Startec Compression & Process Solutions is a thriving privately owned company headquartered in Calgary that produces custom mission critical compression and refrigeration systems for a variety of industries. Startec devotes their industry leading expertise in refrigeration & compression technologies to solve their clients’ most technically challenging needs. We create reliable solutions for extreme operating conditions and provide exceptional service, which is a cornerstone of our business.
We are currently looking for an experienced and driven Business Development Manager to join our team. The Business Development Manager is a key contributor to the overall success and growth of compression and process equipment sales. Time and attention will be divided between developing new business, key account management and new product development. This position is responsible for achieving annual sales goals, building strategic business relationships, and providing vision for all sales strategies and their execution. This role is a key position to grow corporate revenue with new and repeat business, and formulate new product development with our leadership team. The Business Development Manager will also work with sales channels to raise awareness of company offerings and initiate new business ventures.
- Senior sales experience combined with industry experience
- 5+ years marketing experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or Business Administration would be an asset
- Excellent problem solver
- Self starter
- Network with industry contacts to identify potential customers and opportunities and acquire new clients
- Provide guidance and input into sales proposals.
- Maintain productive, profitable and friendly business relationships with clients, and potential clients.
- Take appropriate actions to increase the visibility and stature of the organization.
- Promote company and project activities and capabilities to potential collaborators, sponsors, partners and the industry business community.
- Market and leverage our vendor/distribution channel partnerships to ensure best value, pricing and support for customers.
- Provide guidance and assistance to product development and standard product design, particularly process plants.
- Identify and investigate new products. For new products that we chose to pursue, generate plan to integrate new products into sales and engineering to ensure successful sale and project execution.
- Stay up to date with external and internal developments in the environment for identifying new market segments.
- Assess operational issues in regards to competitiveness, staying current in terms of current trends and innovations.
- Product Support
- Participate in project design reviews to ensure functionality, serviceability, practicality and competitiveness.
- Provide input during project design process and fabrication to ensure functionality, serviceability, practicality and competitiveness.
- Collaborate with the Strategic leadership team to develop short- and long-term strategic plans.
- Provide industry input– including growth opportunities, competitive analysis, market trends, and business environment – for strategic planning processes.
- Review research, feasibility studies and business plans to develop strategies for the improvement, development and customization of products and services.
- Promote the mission and values of the organization both internally and externally.
- Establish and manage marketing campaign and budget, including measuring evaluating effectiveness of market.
- Responsible for accurate, effective use of Startec CRM system.
We offer competitive wages, training, flexible, dynamic, and exciting work environment. Please forward your resume, quoting the job title above, in confidence to email@example.com
It is mandatory for all applicants to complete the Pro.file People Survey below when submitting their application. Please proceed using the link below:
We thank you for your application and interest in our organization. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.