Startec faced two main challenges with the Acheson project. The first was to install the refrigeration system while the building was still under construction. Second, some portions of the building were not connected to one another. With careful pre-planning and project management, the Startec team overcame these initial hurdles and successfully completed the project on time.
ATTENTION TO DETAIL
From front to back, the Acheson project is a testament to Startec`s strong commitment to build refrigeration systems. Not only do we complete work on time and on budget, but our careful attention to detail make our installations serviceable, and easy to follow and identify for facility operators.
SCOPE OF WORK INCLUDED:
- 941 Tons of Refrigeration
- 28,000 LBS of Ammonia
- 1350 HP of Compressors
- 7 Vilter Single Screw Compressors
- 38 Evaporators
- 5 Banana Ripening Rooms (By others)
- 6 Vessels (HPR, HT, MTR, LTR, ULTR, Anhydrator)
- Underfloor heat system for the freezers with future expansion consideration
- Data center ammonia cooling system
- Refrigerated portion square footage 237,800 ft2
- Duration: 10 months
- Current Preventative Maintenance and Emergency Services Contract with Startec
- Contract total: $7.5 Million Approx.