Startec fully designed and fabricated a packaged stabilization skid complete with standalone tower. This design included a split feed to the stabilization tower for improved heat recovery, control options, and reduction in energy required for the condensate product. Provisions were made to allow the addition of a second reboiler outside of the skid boundaries if the client has higher demands in the future. Aside from the standalone tower, all equipment was mounted on-skid within the package building.
Late in the design of the project, the client was made aware that this package would be receiving a sour feed, rather than the sweet feed the package was originally designed for. Startec made the necessary modifications to make the package suitable for sour service while keeping the delivery impacts to a minimum.
The completed project resulted in a 30 per cent reduction in heat duty required while meeting spec and avoiding excessive amounts of heavy hydrocarbons exiting the top of the tower. This package was also designed to minimize work at the site and reduce ship loose items – as much as possible. The package and tower were shipped fully dressed.
Description of Equipment Provided:
- (2) Shell and tube Feed/Bottoms exchangers, 18” OD
- (1) Shell and tube reboiler, BKU type, 72” ID
- (1) Stabilizer feed drum c/w boot and mesh pad, 9’ ID x 42’ LG, internally coated
- (1) E108-2-30 Model air-cooled exchanger
- (1) Stabilizer tower c/w bubble trays, 54” ID x 59’ 6” S/S
- (1) Self-framing building c/w electric unit heaters and explosion-proof exhaust fans